D2. Getting Rejected


It is quite common to get rejected due to one reason or other.
While It is painful to get rejected and most of us get demoralized. But by our efforts we can always show to rejecters that their judgment were wrong and it was their loss by not selecting you.

Despite being topper in primary school, I was rejected admission by a secondary school (JD Tytler) principal on pretext my parents are not educated.
            Now I wish if they can see and realize how much ahead I am as compared to all selections they choose.

I was rejected by Indian beauraucacy to let expand my business-Same person is successful internationally in many fields.

Does it changed my life? 
Yes and No – Both



An enlightening illustration can be:
IIT is one of Institutes which All Indians has been aspiring or dream to become Engineers. Families wait for years or dream for their children to get into IIT and willing to do almost anything to get admission to it.
 Why?
Because they get best of education in that field
Because they get best jobs locally and abroad being proven to industry.
Because they get best paid jobs
Even in Singapore if they apply for EP, they gets direct PR by invitation from govt.
Life becomes so easy after being IITian.        

I also wanted to join IIT. I tried once but I could not as I was not that properly orientated/trained/coached for it. I was told if I get 80% marks I will get admission to Delhi College of Engineering.
Despite I topped in my school and secured 82.5% , I missed my Delhi College of engineering admission by just less than a percent and that was only one engineering college in Delhi that time.
Being emotional or attached, my father did not allowed me to go outside Delhi for study for engineering degree even though I was able to get admission there.
I end up in doing an engineering diploma from a polytechnic as a next best choice and later completed my Engineering degree by correspondence.

Recently One fine day I was approached by IIT alumni of Singapore who has about few hundred alumni to get their program sponsored for Diwali .We sponsored it and assisted whatever we could. Their IIT alumni president and other official were kind enough to reciprocate and honored not only me and my family and but even our guest as VIPs.

While sitting on 1st table, it was quite emotional for me to think that a rejected person by an institute can be found useful for their entire alumni consisting of all batches of cream students and all successful professionals whom they have selected.

If I would have been selected, I would have been one of them learning the same routine things, doing similar jobs, and end up same, Isn’t it?

My rejection followed by my efforts made me much better than most of them upto the level I was able to help them. I was quite happy to see my company logo on top with few successful IITian's with a better respect despite being non IITian.

Morale of story: Show the people who reject you that you can outsmart them and they did a mistake in rejecting you.

No comments:

Post a Comment